The Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO) is the chief adviser to the
Minister of Agriculture and the Government of all matters concerning
animal health and the sanitary production and handling of food from
The main duties of the CVO * Administration of the State Veterinary Service and the
supervision of all working veterinarians.
* Supervision of animal health and animal welfare
* Supervision of prevention of animal diseases
* Supervision of precautionary measures and information on animal
* Supervision of animal and public health of animals for slaughter,
public health and meat inspection in slaughterhouses and the production
of milk on farms
* Coordination of recording and rapporting on animal diseases
* Cooperation with and participation in international agreements,
conventions and committees in the field of animal health and public
health of animal products.
Importing your pet to Iceland? Here
you will find all the information you need.